I created this dish last week to use kale in an entree, and because husband was in the mood for portobellos 😉 Why not!
Kale and Portobello Pasta
- YIELD: 4 servings
- PREP: 30 mins
- COOK: 20 mins
- READY IN: 50 mins
The fresh robust flavor of kale blends with buttery portobellos in a garlic sauce over whole wheat linguine.
- 4-6 Cups Kale de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 Cup Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Cup Portobello Mushrooms sliced
- to taste Sea Salt ground
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup fresh oreganochopped
- garnish Parmesan grated over top of plated dish
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- Olive Oil enough to coat your saute pan 2x
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 13.25 oz box linguinecooked al dente according to package instructions
- to taste Black Pepper ground
- Heat a large saute pan. Coat pan with olive oil and add onions and 3 cloves of garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms. Cook 5-8 minutes until mushrooms are done.
- While sauteing the mushroom mixture, melt butter in a small sauce pan. Add 3 cloves of garlic and fresh oregano. Cook until aromatic. Add 2 Tbl of Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring saute pan back up to heat, and add olive oil to coat. Add 2 cloves of garlic and ginger. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add Kale. Cook until Kale is wilted, but still bright green, 3-5 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to Kale mixture and pour sauce over everything and toss. Enjoy!